Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

There's Faith in Silence

his silence never means that we’re alone
Praise the Lord for music. Time after time God has brought a tune to my heart that has words which uplift my soul. In the past month I have gone through a time of testing. My faith has been challenged and I have at times felt that God was not answering the plea from my heart for peace in knowing His will. For me, I only felt victory after vowing to stay on my knees until I felt the peace of Christ dwelling in my heart. Although I stayed up late one night, I went to bed with a such peace in my mind that has carried me until quite recently. Today I have been wrestling to know what to do. I've been sitting at my desk writing emails to some people I trust asking them for some help in a certain situation I am facing. Not ten minutes ago I stopped because I heard these words, words from a song, creeping into my mind. I have peace knowing that God is faithful to His own- that is me! Even when He's silent, that doesn't mean that I'm alone. Here are the words to the song that has saved my day and renewed my faith.

When God is Silent

When God is silent and we don’t know the way before us that we ought to go; When we’ve attempted to do His will, and yet His silence continues still.
Then it’s time to trust! Yes, it’s time to remember that the LORD is faithful to His own. 
If we hope, we shall yet be praising once again, for his silence never means that we’re alone!
When God is silent and all seems lost, as o’re the waves our boat is tempest tossed;
When answers fail us and doubts arise, but God seems distant, hid from our eyes!
Then it’s time to trust! Yes, it’s time to remember that the LORD is faithful to His own. 
If we hope, we shall yet be praising once again, for his silence never means that we’re alone!

There is faith in the Silence- God is faithful, even when our faith is weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment