Once again I approach my concluding final for a quarter of college. As I’m advancing into my last hours of studying, I have been pondering how I can truly allow God to work into my heart genuine unselfishness concerning the gift of wisdom I am striving to perfect. I have an earnest desire to cultivate the talent of a willing mind to work hard towards an education for God’s service. In the past God has performed may miracles concerning my scholastic abilities; He’s taken me from claiming stupidity over high school failures to acing the most difficult classes at my college. As I anticipate finishing my second to last quarter of my Associate of Arts degree, I am realizing my need of total, sincere dedication of my efforts to the glory of God. I admit there are times I’m tempted to say I’ve done well in my education, but, I keep realizing more and more that it is God has done nothing short of making me who I am. College pre-calculus is drawing to a close –thankfully– but this is a subject I do not feel a natural affinity towards, knowing my past history of test anxiety. By God’s grace I’ll do my best. Whatever I get will be to His glory and His honor, and my score will not have been achieved by my ability to handle pressured emotions that make me forget what I know but by the mercy of a God Who knows how much stress I can stand and won’t push me any further. My prayer this evening that heralds the finale of my math anxieties for the year is that God will fill me with an unselfish desire to do nothing less than what He desires.
To parallel these evening musings, I want to share two inspired messages that reinforce my desire to give all honor to God:
- “Man cannot show greater weakness than by allowing men to ascribe to him the honor for gifts that are Heaven-bestowed. The true Christian will make God first and last and best in everything. No ambitious motives will chill his love for God; steadily, perseveringly, will he cause honor to redound to his heavenly Father. It is when we are faithful in exalting the name of God that our impulses are under divine supervision, and we are enabled to develop spiritual and intellectual power.” – Prophets and Kings page 68.3
- “Thus saith the Lord, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: but let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth Me, that I am the Lord which exercise loving-kindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the Lord.” – Jeremiah 9:23, 24.
Tomorrow is the day. It's my desire to exalt the name of the Lord that I may glorify Him in the wisdom He provides! I hereby state that I am proud to claim the God of David and Solomon as the God that has infinite wisdom for all that desire intellectual power. What a privilege it is to come to Him for help in the matter of my education. I hope to be faithful in full exaltation to the name of the Lord Who has done a wondrous work in me.
Praying… <3
ReplyDeleteThank you Glesni! =)
DeleteOooooh! Going to show that first quote to Vanessa. She has her last final of the quarter today, too!! Brianna took pre-calc thus quarter like you. For the girl "who couldn't do math" once upon a time.... We are very proud of her accomplishments. Beautiful post. I'll pray fir you as I pray for Vanessa. God bless!
ReplyDeleteYeah, I think in home school so many of us feel inadequate to do math. I have learned it isn't some random bunch of junk, thanks to my classes at the community college. But I'm glad to be nearly done! My mom is glad that I've learned to like math (except the the tests) and do well too. Thanks for the prayers!
DeleteThis is my story too, Cami, and I've pondered these thoughts. God has been so faithful to me. I've tasted and seen...I know that He is the one that has completely enabled me through this whole college thing...and now my prayer is that even if his ways, someday, do not look like what I deem as success that I would still trust, still follow, still make Him first and last and best in everything. Quote is excellent! I think I'll memorize it. Thanks for sharing! Praying for your test:) (Just finished mine, Yay!)
ReplyDeleteIt's nice knowing that there are other persevering young people out there, Vanessa! =) I do believe that our desire for excellence is cultivated by God, but I know I have to be careful with that ambition. It's a trait that must be directed through Christ, isn't it? :) I should memorize it too. Glad you finished! Always a relief being done for a little while. I'm getting ready to drive to school now to take it. :)
DeleteThank you for the quote... ~Johannes
ReplyDelete